|Pitra Dosh Shanti
what is Pitru Dosh ? Why it is so critical ? What are the effects of Pitru Dosh on one's life ? How to remove obstacles occurred from Pitru Dosh ?
There are many ways by which Pitru Dosh can occur. According to general information from various Puran, Pitru Dosh occurs when the soul of our ancestors and departed forefathers does not get peace ( shanti ) due to any of the following main reason, and there may be others.
(1) Bad deeds ( bad karma ) of our ancestors in earlier life, knowingly or unknowingly, are embarrassing their souls,
(2) Bad deeds ( bad karma ) of children, knowingly or unknowingly, are embarrassing the soul of ancestors,
(3) Lack of fulfilments of parental desires of our ancestors,
(4) A sudden and unnatural death of any relative ancestors in early age,
(5) If someone fails to remember and honour the ancestors properly,
(6) If certain wishes are remained attached with the soul of the ancestors, etc.
Pitru Dosha occurs if any ancestors up to the 7th generation on the fatherís side and up to the 4th generation on the motherís side have expired at an early age or have had an unnatural death.
This yoga is formed when Rahu and Ketu are with any of the Luminaries and are placed in the 6th, 8th and the 12th house. Many a times, this yoga is also formed in the 5th house and if other planets do not show any beneficial aspects, this yoga does not allow a person to progress at all.
Simple ways to identify Pitru Dosh
Astrological combinations and calculations are used to precisely find out the exact problem and related solution of Pitru Dosh. Such astrological calculations are good, but they are far more complex and hard to understand for a common man.
Then how a common man can identify if he is under the bad influences of Pitru Dosh ? Well, there are some signs and methods given in the ancient texts, which help a person in identifying Pitru Dosh. Following are the most important signs to identify the existence of Pitru Dosh.
1. Children are falling sick repeatedly.
2. The couple has problem in conceiving the child, i.e. problem in getting pregnant.
3. Repeated miscarriages.
4. Quarrels among family members without any reasonable reason.
5. The person's educational and career growth is obstructed.
6. Disruption in educational and career growth and success.
Simple Remedies of Pitru Dosha
1. Every Saturday, make rice balls by mixing cooked rice and ghee. Feed these rice balls to crows and fish.
2.Unconditional services to parents, old-age needy persons, sweeper and poor people are recommended. The person should try not to get angry in this life and try not to engage in any kind of quarrels in his lifetime.
3.Worshipping Lord Vishnu, specially the form of Sri Ram, is also advised for Pitru Dosh Nivaran.
4.Perform Kanya Daan ( perform the marriage of a girl ), if possible for a Brahmin Kanya(Or any Poor family)
5.Perform Rudrabhishek ( Rudra Abhishek ) in the name of the KUL or ancestors.
Rituals for Remedy Of Pitru Dosha
There are some rituals to be performed to ward off the evil effects of these yogas.
One of them is Narayan Nagbali Pooja. This pooja gives relief to a great extent. This pooja is performed at a few prescribed Indian locations such as:
(1) Trambakeshwar in Nashik,
(2) Chandod near Vadodara in Gujarat,
(3) Kala Hasti in Tamil Nadu and at
It is very important to note that these poojas have to be performed at the places mentioned. Trambakeshwar has the pride of place as mentioned in our Puranas. The priests available at Tranbakeshwar are highly organised and perform the pooja very nicely. The Pooja lasts for 3 days.
If such is the situation, my humble request would be that this Pooja should be performed.
This pooja has given relief to many and the auther of this blog too has experienced this effect.
If you are from North India, you may go to Haridwar on Amavasya day for Pitra Tarpan Ritual.